-
April 8th, 2003, 04:55 PM
#1
Inactive Member
i'm from dublin, ireland and was in texas, usa a couple of weeks ago. i got myself some black & white kodak tri-x reversal film 7278. usually when i buy super colour film here in ireland it comes with envelope to send off for processing, but with this film it says on box "kodak does not provide the processing service. ask your kodak representive for processing information."
all advice welcomed.
regards colm
-
April 8th, 2003, 05:49 PM
#2
Inactive Member
What kind of advice are you looking for?
-
April 8th, 2003, 11:38 PM
#3
Inactive Member
Hi Colm,
There are a lot of independant processing companies. Find a really good, professional photographic processing shop in Dublin, and, chances are, they will process the film for you or be able to tell you of somewhere to take it.
There are lots of places here in Soho you could send it for processing, but I guess you should look in Dublin first.
Good Luck. Sorry I can't help you with an address. You'll find somewhere...
Lucas
-
April 9th, 2003, 10:38 AM
#4
Inactive Member
thanks much appreciated lucas.
colm q
-
April 9th, 2003, 06:07 PM
#5
Inactive Member
http://www.andecfilm.de/index.htm
I send all my black & white (all I shoot now) to Andec in Germany. The visa number and exp date are in each letter and after a while film comes back. I'm very happy with the service on fomapan and Cine-X (plus-x reversal all)
Please post if you find another lab closer, thanks.
Michael
-
April 10th, 2003, 04:54 PM
#6
Inactive Member
Hi Colm,
The full address is:
Andec - Filmtechnik
Hasenheide 9
D-10967 Berlin
Germany
Include your visa number, experation date, Name on the card, and your return address. It works for me. The web address is that blue line of text in my first reply. www.andecfilm.de
"Cheers, bye"
Michael
-
April 10th, 2003, 06:11 PM
#7
Inactive Member
Michael, there are a few places that process in Soho. Pro8mm for example [img]confused.gif[/img] I took a tri-x to a shop on Wardour Street, and it cost me ?7, which I thought was amazing really, but that was 3 years ago. Do you send film to Andec because they're good, or because they're cheap, or both, or because you don't know of anywhere nearer. Perhaps "near" isn't much of an advantage anymore, if you have to post it anyway....
Lucas
-
April 10th, 2003, 06:25 PM
#8
Inactive Member
Hi Michael,
Theres also the widescreen centre in London, I think b/w processing costs about ?11.
The site is,
http://www.widescreen-centre.co.uk/cine.html
Not sure how you go about getting the processing form, I'd email them and ask if i were you and all the contact information is on the site. I thought this would at least save you the postage costs to Germany.
-
April 11th, 2003, 03:26 AM
#9
Inactive Member
hi michael,
whats the full address for that place in germany ?
are they on the web ?
regards colm
-
April 11th, 2003, 01:03 PM
#10
Inactive Member
Hi there,
I don't know of anywhere else to send them. Widescreen just sends them to the same place; I don't know if it'd be any cheaper to send to Widescreen; its not much as it is. Bristol Cine does the same thing, sends it to Andec. Now, Bristol is really close. I just thought that I'd eliminate the middle and send just to one place instead of sending to a close place, they sending to the far place, and back the same way...
Michael
anybody know a UK place?
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks